Alan S. Nicholls, C.P.G.
Alan Nicholls is the Manager of State Contract Services at PM Environmental, Inc. and has served his clients since 1993. He specializes in management of Indefinite Service/Indefinite Deliver (ISID) contracts, investigation and remediation of leaking underground storage tank (LUST) sites, design and implementation of remedial investigations at commercial and industrial facilities for a broad range of contaminants and development of conceptual site models for non-aqueous phase liquids (NAPL) and wide range of contaminants. Nicholls has managed numerous projects and has received multiple regulatory closures on sites regulated under Michigan’s Part 213 and Part 201 programs.
Areas of expertise
- Project Director for State of Michigan funded sites under the Level of Effort (LOE), Expanded Environmental Remediation, and 2015 Environmental ISID contracts
- Project Manager for numerous projects including removal and in-place tank closures, contaminant delineation, remediation using Risk-Based Corrective Action (RBCA) procedures, and reporting in accordance with Parts 211 and 213 of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act P.A. 451 of 1994.
- Project Manager for numerous facilities regulated under Part 201 of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, P.A. 451 of 1994, including sites impacted by polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), chlorinated solvents, volatile organic compounds, metals, and fertilizer compounds.
- Project Manager for Vapor Intrusion, and Indoor Air Assessments in accordance with Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, P.A. 451 of 1994, Parts 201 and 213, and ASTM E-2600.
- Project Manager for engineering activities involving preparation of bid specifications, the installation of remediation systems, and the operation and maintenance of remediation systems.
- Project Manager for Phase I and II Environmental ESAs, Vapor Intrusion investigations, Baseline Environmental Assessments, and Due Care Plans.
- Project management of UST removals, environmental excavations, temporary earth retention systems installation, building demolition, and Superfund Site Remediation activities.
- Quality assurance review of technical reports, designs, and plans
- Lake Superior State University B.S. Geology
- Certified Professional Geologist #10825
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 40-Hour
- OSHA Annual 8-Hour Refresher
- Behavioral Based Safety Training
- Smith System® Driver Improvement Course
- ASTM Risk Based Corrective Action at Petroleum Release Sites