Michael T. Kulka, P.E.
Michael Kulka is Principal Engineer and Vice President of North American Business Development.
He is the co-founder and served as Chief Executive Office at PM Environmental, a Pinchin Company, and has served clients throughout the United States since 1989.
He specializes in Environmental Due Diligence, portfolio management, mergers and acquisitions, and transactional real estate and development. Kulka is the national client manager for numerous Fortune 100 financial institutions, retail chains, industrial conglomerates, and real estate developers.
He has managed multiple large scale commercial, retail, and industrial redevelopments involving multiple service lines within the company. Kulka has presented on national panels within the environmental industry on topics such as Environmental Due Diligence, Brownfields, Leaking Underground Storage Tank (LUST) and environmental compliance.
Areas of expertise
- Strategic development and implementation of multiple service line teams to support major redevelopments and complex mergers and acquisitions, utilizing all of the PM service lines.
- Strategic development, implementation, training, and launches of multiple service line teams to develop Environmental Risk Management programs for lending institutions and Fortune 1000 real estate intensive industries including retail, logistics, multifamily housing, petroleum, utilizing all of the PM service lines.
- Development of Brownfield redevelopment strategies using state and federal incentives, including Tax Increment Financing (TIF), Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) as well as cleanup funds and grants.
- Phase II ESAs and site investigation projects, Baseline Environmental Assessments (BEAs), continuing obligations, and due care projects
- Leaking Underground Storage Tank (LUST) projects, including removal and in-place closures, contaminant delineation, and remediation using
- Risk-Based Corrective Action (RBCA) Procedures
- Due Diligence Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA), Property Condition Assessment (PCA), Property Capital Needs Assessment (PCNA) projects
- Expert in compliance with the Natural Resources and Environmental
- Protection Act (NREPA) , P.A. 451 of 1994, Parts 201, 203, 211, 213, and 215, as well as Parts 111 and 115
Michigan State University B.S. Civil and Environmental Engineering
Michigan State University Graduate Studies Environmental Engineering
ASTM Risk Based Corrective Action
State of Michigan – No. 42073
State of Alabama – No. 22445
State of Georgia – No. 23834
Certified UST Professional
State of Michigan – No. 859
OSHA 1910.120 Hazardous Waste Training to Level B
OSHA 1910.120 Hazardous Waste 8-hour Supervisor Training
American Red Cross Standard First Aid and Adult CPR
Certified Asbestos Building Inspector Accreditation No. A25217
Meets the definition of Environmental Professional as defined in § 312.10 of 40 CFR 312
Challenge Detroit: One of the first board members and company sponsors for the successful leadership and professional development program.
Member – Legatus: Member of world’s premier organization for Catholic business leaders committed to learn, live and spread the Catholic Faith.
Member & Strategic Planning Committee – St. Regis Catholic Parish: Part of the Strategic Planning Committee that successfully rebuilt and renovated a financially and operationally distressed 60 year-old church and school with significant deferred maintenance into a strong choice of worship and Catholic education in a prominent region of Oakland County.
Board of Directors- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG): ACG is a global organization with 59 chapters and 14,500 members. Kulka is active in the branding, activity and member outreach aspects of the Detroit chapter, which has been voted chapter of the year in 2015 and 2016.