Steven E. Price, CHMM
Steven Price is a Principal and Vice President at PM Environmental, Inc. and has served clients in several states since 1987. He specializes in transactional due diligence with a focus on lending institutions, and environmental risk policy development, implementation and training.
Price has extensive experience with Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, (ESAs), Baseline Environmental Assessments (BEAs), and Due Care Plans. He also has extensive experience with loans involving the Small Business Association (SBA).
Price has been involved in thousands of transactions, including typical environmental due diligence for purchase and refinance transactions, and participations and foreclosures. His focus incudes serving financial clients based in the Midwest with investment interests across the country.
Areas of expertise
- Involved in the collateral and exposure analysis for over 30,000 real estate transactions, including single and multi commercial, industrial, and multi state properties
- Wrote and implemented environmental policies for several local, community and regional lending institutions with combined assets totaling over $150 billion
- Experience in real estate portfolio analysis for evaluation of environmental risk associated with single and multi property transactions for the lending industry
- Extensive experience in the management of environmental due diligence associated with foreclosed properties
- Lead environmental risk manager for several single and multi state, multi-property participation/syndication transactions; including acting as agent for banks and coordination with participating bank environmental risk managers
- Experience in extensive bank branch real estate portfolio, including environmental risk analysis/reduction relating to asbestos containing materials, lead based paint, mold, and environmental due diligence during acquisition and divestment of branch locations
- Peer/senior technical review of thousands of Phase I and Phase II ESAs
- Peer/senior technical review for numerous BEAs and due care plans in accordance with P.A. 451
- Presented the “Environmental Considerations” session at the SBA Great Lakes Lenders Conference for several years
Ferris State University B.S. Industrial and Environmental Health, Minor in Biology
Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) No. 15069
OSHA 1910.120 Hazardous Waste Training
American Red Cross Standard First Aid and Adult CPR
Certified Asbestos Building Inspector Accreditation No. A11991
Meets the definition of Environmental Professional as defined in § 312.10 of 40 CFR 312